Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chris Story.....

It's possible that I could host an entire blog composed of nothing but Chris stories. I would like to describe him for you, but I'll just post occasional conversations. This one occurred today. Keep in mind that I do NOT teach kindergarten. I teach high school.

Chris [pretending to cry]: You haven't made my hat!

Me: Yours is next in line. I took a break from them for a little while.

If you haven't been following my blog, I made the mistake of crocheting a beanie hat for one of my students. Thirty-three beanies later, I still haven't finished the list.

Chris: Do you even remember what color?

Me: Of course. You wanted black.

And then, because educated doesn't necessarily mean smart, I made the mistake of asking:

Me: Do you want plain black? Or black with flecks?

Chris: What are flecks?

I will spare you the lengthy description I offered of what flecks are. He finally agreed, if he could have red flecks. I tried to explain that you couldn't request a certain color of flecks, they are multi-colored and scattered throughout the yarn.

We went online and looked for pictures of yarn with flecks, but I couldn't find one that got the point across. At least not to Chris.

Chris: I can't decide. This is like being on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? and I'm out of lifelines.

Me [once I got my breath back from laughing so hard]: How about I make one of each, and you can just pick which one you want?

Chris: You would do that for me?

A couple of weeks ago, on his way out the door, Chris and I had THIS conversation:

Chris: I hope nobody steals my shoes.

Me: What shoes? Where are they?

Chris: On my feet.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

OMG I love Chris!!!!!!!!!!!! every teacher needs a Chris!

The girl said...

What! That's too funny!