Friday, June 12, 2009

When the Hubby's Away.....

I love my Hubby dearly, and after all he IS the world's last perfect man, but when he goes out of town (usually on a golfing expedition), it is sort of a mini-vacation for me.

It's not like I got to a male stripper bar and stuff dollar bills in their Speedos or anything. I just have NO expectations. Few interruptions. No obligations beyond giving Gus a little warning before I push the computer table away so I don't roll over him. I feel so.......free.

I had a Big Mac (can I even say that without violating copyright laws?) value meal for lunch, followed by a pint of Moose Tracks (can I even say that without violating copyright laws?) ice cream. Hubby is diabetic, so I felt compelled to eat the whole thing. He can't come home and find a carton of real ice cream in the freezer. Not that he would be tempted; it just seems cruel.

I had garlic bagel chips and spinach dip for "dinner."

I read a little over half of Of Mice and Men, since my students have been turning in questions from the book all week and I had never read it. Shhhhhhh............. They'll kick me out of the English Teachers' Club.

I took a nap.

I have watched an entire baseball game, and no one has changed the channel even once.

I watched the recording of the gymnastics championships. Again. And no one was here to make fun of me. Actually, that's inaccurate to say, because if anyone had been here, I would have been embarrassed to watch them. Again. I'm almost embarrassed to admit it here.

It is after 10:00 PM, and I haven't gone to bed yet.

I miss Hubby, and I'm glad he will only be gone two nights. That's about my limit.

I'm also glad this is NOT one of those golf trips where he is playing in a tournament with my ex. I don't know why it makes me feel weird when they do that; they certainly don't have a problem with it.

No comments: