Friday, February 13, 2009

Must Be Friday the 13th.....

Not that I'm superstitious or anything.

But tonight has been sort of freaky. In a technology-related, pissing-me-off sort of way. Sorry. I don't really like that expression. But sometimes "It's annoying me" isn't quite enough. Nor is "It's irksome." Or even "It's getting on my nerves."

First my Blackberry sort of died. Sort of because it still evidently gets email, it "beep-beeps" when a text message comes in, it even rings.

But none of the buttons work. Including the "off" button. I've removed the battery three times and put it back, to no avail. I can scroll through all the menus, but when I push the track ball, nothing happens. When it rings it tells me who's calling, but I can't answer it.

I was going to write a blog post about Gus, whom we consider our other child. Hubby and I were just talking the other day about how it's hard to believe that you can love an animal that much. Anytime we go out of town, it's a race to see who can get to Granny's first and see Gus. Don't tell Granny; she thinks we're that happy to see her.

But almost all of my pictures of Gus are on Hubby's computer, and my network won't let me retrieve them. When I click on the network, it just sits there and spins and spins, and I'm pretty sure I heard it laughing at me. I'm too stubborn to give up and walk aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way across the living room and use Hubby's computer. Oh no -- I want to WIN.

Yet when I stopped long enough to take a phone call, the screen saver on my laptop came on. It started scrolling through my pictures.......that are stored on the network.

I give up. Maybe since tomorrow is Valentine's Day, technology will decide it loves me.

No comments: