Thursday, February 12, 2009

Another Milestone Post.......

As I prepared to write this post, I noticed that it is my 200th blog entry. For those of you who have been around for all 200 of them......God love you.

In celebration of this mini-milestone, I decided to indulge in a rare meme post. I don't tag other bloggers to do these; it's just one of the many rules I refuse to follow.

What is your favorite color? Bright, sunshine, eye-stabbing yellow. No wimpy pastels for me.

What is the last movie you saw in a theater? Gran Torino. I think my father might have had a Gran Torino at one point. Not that that has anything to do with this post.

What are you wearing right now? Blue jeans and a UGA Gym Dogs t-shirt. And Indian moccasins. Which I just realized I can't spell without the assistance of Word. And forgive me, I meant Native American moccasins.

Have you ever had any type of surgery? Yes, I had a septorhinoplasty in 1982. Which basically means I had plastic surgery on my nose. And no, I'm not that vain.

What is your least favorite food? Brussel sprouts. Cooked green leafy things. Beets.

Who was the last person you Googled? Lucky Beach, my boyfriend in the 4th grade. I shared him with another girl. We took turns holding his jacket during recess. Whoever wasn't holding his jacket got to sit on the monkey bars with him. When I Googled him, I got every beach resort in the free world. I can't remember his real name.

What was the worst Christmas gift you ever received? My ex didn't give me a Christmas gift at all one year; he gave me a New Year's gift. It was a pistol. Because they were on sale that day.

How will you and your significant other celebrate Valentines' Day? We will probably go out to dinner, but only because it falls on our usual Saturday night date night. No cards, no gifts. It's not a special day; every day is Valentines' Day at our house.

What is a unique fact about you? Well, I was a post-vasectomy baby. And I manage to work that into a conversation at least once a week. I figure God knew what he was doing.

What is the first part of your body that you wash in the tub or shower? My left forearm.

What is your least favorite household chore? All of them.

What is something you've done while slightly tipsy, because I KNOW you've never been intoxicated? Once I managed to play a song on the piano that I had struggled with for years and not been able to play. And another time I told my friend Amanda that I COULD TOO say my ABC's, and I recited them perfectly........backward.

What is something you like about February? That we occasionally have 70-degree days here in the South. And payday comes a couple of days earlier than usual.

What is something you hate about Feburary? All the days that aren't 70-degree days. And all the days that aren't payday.

What is the most interesting memento on that bookshelf in your living room that needs to be dusted? A Pepsi can and a Mountain Dew can, with the drink names written in Arabic. Sweet Girl sent them from the Persian Gulf.

Can you curl your tongue? No, but my daughter can. And that's weird because it's supposed to be genetic. And I COULD do it when I was young. Maybe my tongue just got too fat.

How many pets do you have? Four. Two dogs, two cats. One male and one female of each. We believe in symmetry around here.

What is the closest you think you have ever come to death? The time I jumped out of an airplane and couldn't find my ripcord.

Have you ever changed clothes in a moving car? Yes. And I was driving.

What is the farthest you have ever been from your birthplace? Italy. Or Germany. Or Austria. Whichever one is farthest.

If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree, what store would you want to shop in? Best Buy. I love gadgets.

Do you know how to sew? I can sew on a button, but I'd rather not. I can hem, but I'd rather pay someone to do it for me.

What is the best book you ever read? I can't name just one. Lonesome Dove, Life of Pi, Where the Heart Is, and Skipping Christmas are all favorites.

What musical group would you NOT go out on the front lawn to hear if they were performing across the street? The Rolling Stones.

Did someone really ask you these questions, or did you make them up yourself? I'm not telling.

No comments: