Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Maybe it was a Bloody Mary Day AFTER All......

I stopped at our favorite package store on the way home today to buy our favorite bloody mary mix. Not because it was necessarily a bloody mary type of day, but just because I knew we were out of mix. You just never can tell when the need for a bloody mary is going to arise, and it would be tragic to be completely out of mix. Because nothing makes a bloody mary quite like Zing Zang mix does. Mmmmm mmmmm mmmmmm.

Maybe I should have had one after all.

Not that my day turned tragic after arriving home or anything. After all, I didn't even have to make dinner for Hubby. He filled up on nachos and dip, and dinner was unnecessary. And I am completely caught up on grading my online students' assignments, something I can't boast very often.

I don't know why I insist on sharing with the world (okay, the 3 other people who read this blog) when I do totally stupid things. But I feel compelled to do so.

I was on the phone with Sweet Girl when I got a beep that I had another call coming in. It was a dear friend from school, but I didn't click over because I am of the belief that call waiting is evil and rude. It tells the first person you might be talking to, "Oh wait, someone much more interesting and important might be on the other line. Hold on....." If I'm ever talking to you on the phone and you put me on hold to take another call, chances are you won't find me there when you click back. I'm just sayin'.

My friend left a message, and she prefaced it with the statement that I didn't need to call her back.

That's when things went sour.

Because I listened to her message about a church sign that she had seen on her way home, and I agreed with her that it wouldn't entice ME to come in the front doors.

I agreed with her.

Out loud.

I was talking to a voicemail.

Responding to a recording.

Maybe I'll go have a bloody mary after all.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If bloody marys are good at fighting the flu then mix one up for me!

Sara said...

Just so you know, I'm going to make fun of you about this in the morning.