Saturday, February 28, 2009

Friday Nights....

As I was getting ready for bed last night, I realized just how far my weekends have come in the years since college.

Back then I couldn't wait to get off work or out of class so I could start getting ready for a night on the town.

All my nights on the town looked the same. I had the same circle of friends, and we went to the same bars every weekend.

I drank the same thing every weekend.

Usually too many of them.

I slept late on Saturday and usually went to the Burger King across the street from my apartment to get a greasy cheeseburger and fries to cure my headache.

Sometimes I did it again on Saturday night. Sunday afternoon I spent giving a cursory glance to the homework I had been putting off all weekend. Probably explains my GPA.

I'm so glad my Friday nights have changed. Life is so much less complicated, and a darn sight less painful. Not to mention cheaper. This was how LAST night went:

Hubby and I went out to dinner at a Ruby Tuesday that is two miles from our house. [My cycling friend Larry, who is VERY easy on the eye, once pointed out to me that it is Ruby Tuesday, not Ruby Tuesdays as most everyone says.]

I had one beer, a salad, and a sirloin. I don't usually eat steak; I was having a wild streak I guess.

I came home, wrote my blog post, and went to bed.

It was 7:30.

2 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

Sounds like my Friday nights anymore. I met a friend for mexican last night, ate the whole basket of chips, got home by 8, asleep on the couch by 8:30. Times have a changed!!!!

Anonymous said...

"It was 7:30"

I just found that to be so funny!