Thursday, November 20, 2008

What a Dork....

I have long been of the opinion that if I share the really dorky things that I do with the entire world, then maybe they won't appear so dorky after all. Or maybe it's a cathartic effect, but I've always felt compelled to share my idiocy with anyone who will listen. And if they won't listen, I chase them down the hallway and make them.

I had a department meeting for my part-time virtual teaching job tonight, and we have to wear headsets so we can talk/listen to the presentation. And other people's stupid questions. Because they don't listen the first time. Or they may be like me, and they minimize the presentation and go off to grade assignments or something, because it's very hard just to sit there and listen to stupid questions.

Anyway, the meeting mercifully ended after only three and a half hours (really it was only an hour, but it FELT longer), so I clicked out and resumed my grading and reading discussion postings and answering emails and reading blogs and finally went to my own blog to write tonight's post. Only after I had started typing did I realize that I still had on my headset. What a dork.

Which reminded me of one time on BRAG when Katydid and I were sitting around our campsite after a long day on the bicycle, drinking beer with our brother, who doesn't ride a bicycle and only went along for the entertainment factor. And to be another person who would perpetually keep Mom pissed off. But I digress. We were sitting there in the small patch of shade, just enjoying life and people-watching. Please get this mental picture, or you won't understand how funny this is. And you'll think I'm JUST a dork.

This motor home drove by our campsite, obviously carrying some BRAG riders (some folks aren't in to the whole riding a bicycle 60 miles and then sleeping in a tent with 2000 other folks nearby in the 90-degree Georgia heat, the wimps) with a sort of old dude driving it. He was still wearing his bicycle helmet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me that you don't still have that same horrible department head that you told me about...

Bragger said...

Oh no no no no no, that Elvis has left the building, and we have a super-duper department chair now. She's wonderful.