Monday, November 10, 2008

If You Don't Like the Weather...

.....just wait 5 minutes and it will change.

Old and cliche, but especially true here in the South.

We turn on the heat in the morning and the air conditioner in the afternoon.

At our house, we like to heat mostly with the wood stove. Unfortunately, that's something you can't just turn on when you need it. So in order for the house to be warm tomorrow morning, we have to have a fire all the time. Presently it's approximately 127 degrees in the house. But I know I will appreciate it tomorrow morning. Hubby scolds me if I don't put another log on the fire before I go to bed. But it's hard to do with sweat dripping off the end of my nose.

Little Brutus, however, loves it. She would put wood in the stove herself if she had opposable thumbs.

It's pleasant to ride the motorcycle in the afternoons, but it's painfully cold to ride it in the morning. I COULD bundle up, but then I have way too many clothes to bring home in the afternoon. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

For the record, I do not complain when it's 98 degrees with 85% humidity in July and August. I reserve all my bitching rights for the winter.

No comments: