Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just Plain Old Rough.....

We had to make the decision about which route to take fairly early in the ride. We couldn't decide between 48 and 63 miles. We were going to flip a coin, but we couldn't find one in ANY of the four bags that we have on the tandem. The best we could do was some kind of pill in a blister pack. If it landed pill side up, we were going to ride the 63-mile route. If it landed pill side down, we would ride the 48-mile route. (I think we were both secretly hoping that the weight of the pill would make it land that side down. No such luck.) Even in 25-mile-per-hour winds, it landed pill side up. So we were thereby obligated to ride the longer route. Okay, they may not have been 25-mile-per-hour winds. But they were pretty stiff and brutal, and they hung around all day long. Our total mileage wound up being 64.01. I will defend to the death my right to claim that .01.

You can tell it was a Georgia football Saturday. Here we are with our friend Cathy at a rest stop.
You can tell a man took the picture for us, because he didn't make it from the waist up only.

We stopped to take a picture of this guy. (I guess it's a guy.....I didn't get THAT close.)
He started "gobbling" at me, and I tried to catch it on video. But all you can hear is me imitating him poorly, trying to get him to do it again. I was going to include it here anyway merely in the interest of full disclosure, but I'm not patient enough to wait for a BAD video to load.


No comments: