Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gotta Love Money....


I sold my motorcycle today. It was a bittersweet experience, because it was, after all, my FIRST motorcycle. And I would have sworn it would have been my ONLY motorcycle. Who would have predicted that hubby would win a Harley? And give it to me? But we were up to 4 motorcycles in the basement, along with assorted other junk that I will post about in the future, and we needed the room. Talented as I am (ha ha ha ha ha ha), I can only ride ONE motorcycle at a time. And anybody I know who is remotely interested in riding a motorcycle already has one. Except my brother. For some reason, he is between Harleys at the moment. But he would never have stooped to owning a Honda Shadow 600 anyway, much less one with an ENGINE CAGE.

I sold it to the same dealership where I bought it, and they not only gave me close to what my dare-I-hope-to-get-this-much price was, they also refunded $400 of a service plan that I prepaid for when I bought the bike. If I had sold it to an individual, I would have just been OUT that money, because the plan was not transferable.

So now instead of taking money out of my savings account to pay the DEPOSIT on our spring break trip next April, I can use the windfall from selling the motorcycle to pay for ALL of the trip. There just aren't too many things in the world better than going on a trip that's already paid for when you go.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you for hire as a financial advisor?