Sunday, July 31, 2011

End-of-Summer Flurry.......

I typically go into an end-of-the-summer flurry the weekend before I have to return to school. This year is a little different because A) we don't have to start until Tuesday; and B) I have jury duty, so I don't know if I will have to go at all. If I have to report for jury duty all week, I will have to see about getting access to the school in the evenings so I can get my room ready. Grrrrr.....

I did a very short bike ride today, rode my bike 16 miles (needed 7 to meet my July goal, and it was too hot to ride any more than that - besides, baseball was coming on), caught up on the laundry, and cooked a full meal for dinner. I think Hubby is still in shock. I also crocheted, and I went to the grocery store, one of my LEAST favorite chores.

But perhaps most importantly.....

I defeated the BIG MONSTER at the end of World 8 in Mario Brothers. My summer is complete.

This is the last time I have to prepare for the beginning of a school year. That feels odd even to type. This time next year I hope to be knee-deep in a flurry of activity in preparation for an Alaskan cruise.

Having just returned from Iowa, if I can talk Katydid and Rozmo into it.

No comments: