Friday, June 10, 2011

BRAG Day Six.......

It's hard to believe that today was the last **REAL** day of BRAG. Tomorrow is a short day, only 36 miles, and as soon as we finish in Savannah and gobble up the End-of-the-Road meal, we'll be headed home. Tonight Katydid, Rozmo and I had a dinner with 7 other BRAG folks, some intended (Doug, Steve, Kelley, Troy) and some not intended (those other folks), but we had a good time. I had a celebratory margarita and some mushroom quesadillas. It feels so much better NOT to be stuffed at bedtime.

Today's ride was 61 miles, but it didn't feel like it. The terrain has flattened out to almost nothing, and the miles were easy. I don't mean to sound smug when I say riding a bike 61 miles was "easy," but it was. We got into camp right after 12:00, and we dilly-dallied at a couple of the rest stops. Then all we had to do all afternoon was sit around and sweat. I feel like I need another shower.

The ride through Fort Stewart wasn't as bad as I expected. We missed an incredible photo op when we saw a dead wild boar (wild dead boar?) on the side of the road. Someone had outfitted him with a pair of 3-D glasses. I was wearing my Pork Belly Ventures jersey, adorned with illustrations of pigs, and the photo op would have been perfect. But Rozmo had just stopped to pee on the side of the road (I TOLD her those bushes might have eyes, but she wouldn't listen), and we didn't want to stop again.

It's been a good week. Just like any vacation, I was excited to get here, and I'll be excited to go home.

No comments: