Saturday, June 11, 2011

BRAG Day Seven....

Today was a flat, fast ride to the End-of-the-Road party in Savannah. The route was only 36 miles, and we did it in just over two hours. I've NEVER averaged over 17 mph before, no matter what the ride length. We got into Savannah two minutes before 9:00 AM, which was wonderful considering we had a 4 1/2 hour drive home.

I met lots of new people and saw lots of friends from past years. We laughed, we made fun of each other, we came up with new nicknames. We rode in pacelines, we rode in the back of a pickup truck (the policeman on the loudspeaker as we rode into camp was just teasing .... I think), we rode in Jimmy's golf cart.

I also checked another item off my 50 Things to Do list, but I'll save it for tomorrow. That way I don't have to think of a new topic tomorrow night.

It was an excellent week with wonderful friends and good times. Next year's route is tentatively scheduled to be in North Georgia, with an overnight stop in my very own town. That will be a very scenic ride, but strenuous due to the hills. I'd better start training tomorrow.

For now, though, I have to start reprogramming my body (and mind) to the fact that it does NOT need food every hour and a half or so.

No comments: