- One of the things I'm doing is wondering why NBC broke away from bobsledding to go to the USA-Canada hockey game for the last 30 seconds of it. And they've stuck with it for 15 more minutes, talking to players about how they feel about the win. Come on, people, how do you USUALLY feel about a win?
- I rode both my bicycle and my motorcycle today. But not at the same time. This weather is awesome.
- The Russian ice dancers (or whatever they call themselves) looked ridiculous.
- Once again I put off grading online work all weekend. Today I put it off until 7:30 PM. But I got everything done and grades updated. A couple of my students are actually passing. My cell phone rang at 9:35, and it was a student. Are you KIDDING me? What part of "No calls after 8:00 PM PLEASE" don't you understand?
- Hubby starts back to work tomorrow for Pepsi, but only part-time and only for a few weeks. He can't turn down extra money, even when he doesn't really need it.
- My department chair approached me about substituting for an online teacher who is going to have knee surgery. It's journalism, which I've never taught in the online world before. Of course I said yes, because I can't turn down extra money, even when I don't really need it.
- Being a substitute teacher in the online world has to be one of the strangest things I've ever heard of.
- I just ended a sentence with a preposition.
- My sisters and I had one of our Sisters' Saturday get-togethers yesterday, and we had a wonderful time. The purpose of our visit this time was to work together on the family scrapbook for the family reunion in June. I even planned ahead and uploaded the pictures to be printed at Tarjay a whole day in advance. Those nice people called me at 4:00 yesterday afternoon to tell me they were ready. So we played Super Mario Brothers on the Wii instead.
- It's two hours past my bedtime, and I want to see the American ice dancers. I don't know if I can stay up that late. Bob Costas (isn't he adorable?) has just assured me that we are going to return to ice dancing after these gazillion commercials.
- Not washing my hair for two days and then taking a bicycle ride has made it pretty scary-looking.
- We have 8 long weeks before we get another day off. I don't know what genius thought it was a good idea to have spring break at the END of April, when school gets out the third week in May. Duh.
- I am a Facebook failure. I just don't have room in my life for another addiction.
- The more people you tell about your blog, the fewer things you can write about.
- I'm convinced that it was a man who came up with the idea of women wearing make-up. I'm pretty sure any woman worth her salt would have seen it as a ridiculous waste of time, money, and energy.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
I actually had another post topic for tonight, but I'm already triple-tasking, so I don't think I can concentrate well enough to do it justice. I'll try for tomorrow night. I also want to do justice to a blog topic passed on to me by my friend Maggie. I'll just continue with the Sunday evening random thoughts trend I started a couple of weeks ago.