Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Random Musings Part Deux.......

I think this will be my new Sunday night blog topic. It's the way my mind works on Sunday anyway: so many thoughts whirling around, fighting for attention, teasing each other like rival siblings. It used to be much worse, when I had lessons to plan, papers I hadn't graded all weekend, yearbook deadlines approaching. No wonder I used to take the day after the Super Bowl as a personal day.

  • Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH to the readers who sent well wishes my way. They must have worked, because I feel much better today. Well enough to go to school tomorrow. Damn it.
  • I crocheted a scarf for one of my students. God, I hope that doesn't start ANOTHER wave of requests. It calls for flowers. I have finished the scarf and the flowers, and for three days I have avoided actually sewing the flowers to the scarf. Why?
  • Sean Payton (head coach for New Orleans) has gorgeous eyes.
  • So far the Super Bowl commercials have been a letdown. Except for a couple of the Bud Light ones. Maybe I'm just prejudiced because Pepsi doesn't have any ads this year.
  • I have also been avoiding doing a couple of simple assignments for an online professional development course I'm taking. I don't really need the PLU's, but I signed up because I was interested in the course. I just don't like homework.
  • I have been denied access to the teachers' retirement website because I didn't know my password. When I clicked on "forgot password" and answered the two secret questions, it told me I didn't know my mother's maiden name or where I was born. Huh. I've been wrong all these years.
  • Today I made a dessert to take to my co-workers tomorrow. It has chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding, chocolate chips, peanut butter, and peanuts in it. It's the only reason I'm going to school tomorrow.
  • Both the dog and I have hair appointments this week. His will cost more than mine.
  • I haven't been out of my pajamas all day. Seems kind of pointless now, don't you think?
  • We have a four-day week this week. I'd like to be excited about it, but Friday is a FWOP day. Furlough Without Pay. To add insult to injury, I scheduled my yearly exam and mammogram for that day. I didn't schedule it very well, however. My doctor's office is about 40 minutes away, in the same town where I will go to a gymnastics meet about 9 hours later. Duh.
  • I am so clearly a numbers person that it is baffling to me why I became an English teacher. I'm crocheting a new afghan, one that goes round and round instead of having to be pieced together at the end. I fretted over the stitch count because it wasn't looking right, and the pattern didn't tell me on EVERY round how many stitches there should be. When I figured out that the number of stitches was the row number times four minus one, the earth settled back into its natural orbit. And then I started over.
  • I wanted to be an Olympic ice skater when I was a little girl. There's so much opportunity to practice THAT here in the Deep South. Then my brother told me that you couldn't weigh over 100 pounds or you would crack the ice, so I gave up on that dream.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I like your randomness on a Sunday! Give the scarf to your student in private and then swear her (or him) to tell NO ONE! I won't even say anything about wanting a pink one- hahahaha!

And I can't believe your bother said that about the ice cracking! The meanie!