Friday, July 6, 2012

Favorite Things Friday - Early Morning Bike Ride.....

Every school year, as summer approached, I would tell myself that I would take an early morning bike ride at least a couple mornings a week. It only makes sense to get out there and ride while it's still cool and before some of the insane drivers get on the roads. (In other words, high school students who are too busy texting to concentrate on their driving. I'm glad they sleep in.)

It shouldn't be that difficult. When we are on BRAG, our goal is to leave by 6:30 every morning. That helps us avoid the worst heat of the day and arrive in camp usually by lunchtime. Never too early to start planning that next meal.

My good intentions don't always come to fruition, though. I don't mind getting up early. In fact, I kind of like it. But I usually sit down with a cup of coffee and the newspaper. That becomes two cups of coffee, the newspaper, Facebook, email, message boards, blogs, and some crocheting, and before you know it it's too late to do an early anything.

This morning I was a little more motivated. I knew I had to take my mother-in-law to the doctor, so the only way I was going to get a bike ride in was to get it in early. I left home about 8:30 with the goal of returning home at 10:30. I rode some old favorite roads, and I completed 32 miles at about 10:40. Not too bad for not knowing in advance what my route was going to be.

It felt good to get my exercise done early in the day. Especially since the rest of the day pretty much went to hell, but since this is a Favorite Things Friday post, I won't burden you with the details.

Have a fabulous weekend, please.


1 comment:

DJan said...

Well, since you insist, I'll have a great weekend. I hope you do, too. :-)