Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Another Project Finished.....

I have finished another crochet project, but I'm not even going to post a picture. It's the sixth one I've made from this same pattern, so if you really, really want to see a picture, look at the one I did for Baby Luke last year. (Only this one is pink.) (By the way, Baby Luke is doing great and just went on his first vacation to the beach. He's a doll.) (I'm sure there's a rule about how many parenthetical sentences one can use in a row.)

One thing I found difficult about this pattern (other than realizing that the number of stitches in each row is really, really important) was the border around it. It's hard to make a puff stitch in what is essentially the SIDE of a stitch from a previous row.

As I prepared to make this baby blanket for the SIXTH time, I looked up the directions AGAIN because I throw them away every time, thinking I will NEVER make that particular blanket again.

Someone had posted instructions for doing the hated border AS YOU GO, eliminating the need to try to add it at the end.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. What a relief.

It has taken me only 18 days to complete this one. It's for a friend who has two sons and a grandson and is finally going to be blessed with a granddaughter next month.

And then I'm done crocheting for a while. I'm going to go back to my cathedral window quilt and try to finish it before next summer. A lofty goal, but I'm up to the task.

I think.



2 comments:

Maggie said...

Yay another one done! By the end of the year I think I might learn to crochet!

DJan said...

Congratulations! I went and looked at it and was impressed again with your skill.