Saturday, August 1, 2009

Team Chi-Chis Rides Again.......

I had to recycle (ha ha ha -- I'm so funny) a picture from last year. I took my camera today, but I didn't take a single picture. We pretty much look the same as we did last year, though. My hair is a little longer, but we all wore what we have started calling our Team Chi-Chis jerseys. Again this year we did NOT turn at the 80-100 mile sign. Again this year some people who rode 100 miles got in before those of us who rode 52 miles. I hate them.

Almost as much as I hate the ones who come in from a 100-mile bicycle ride and THEN GO FOR A LITTLE RUN. I aimed at one of them with my car when I left. I missed. I apologize.

I had a nice surprise when I got home. Sometimes it's the little things that make me happy.

I went out to the pool, because frankly it took less energy than taking a shower. It's my pool; I can get in it all sweaty from a bike ride if I want to. I'll still take a real shower before I go to bed. Maybe.

It's been at least a week since I went out to the pool, and I did not realize our figs were ripe.

I didn't like figs at first. When Hubby told me that was a fig tree at the fence between our yard and the neighbor's, I wrinkled my nose. Ewwwwww........figs.

As much as I like most cookies (and anything else that's 90% sugar), I have never liked Fig Newtons. I thought it was the figs I didn't like .... who knew it was the newtons?

My mother has come several times and gathered enough figs to make fig preserves. I didn't like those either. I don't really like most preserves. I'm not sure why. Still, I thought it was the figs I didn't like.

Ripe rigs are actually yummy. I split them open and eat the pulp out of the inside. They are very sticky, which makes it very handy that our fig tree hangs over the pool. When I get the juice all over me, all I have to do is jump in the pool.

Of course, after a 52-mile bicycle ride, I could probably eat rocks ..... and like them.

2 comments:

AmandaSue : ] said...

is it a rule that women who bike ride have to have short hair or something?

Bragger said...

Not a rule, but it's much easier not to have to deal with a soggy ponytail all the time. :)