It came from my friend Maggie O'Sullivan over here. I don't remember how I stumbled upon her blog, or if she stumbled upon mine. But we have some things in common (in spite of the 11 year difference in our ages), and I started following her blog back when she still lived in the Wild West.
I sent her an illegally burned DVD of an episode of Moonlighting written almost entirely in iambic pentameter. If you don't know what Moonlighting is (was), it's past your bedtime. And go do your homework.
Therefore I know Maggie's real name. And if she ever wins the lottery, I'm going to blackmail her with the knowledge. Because somewhere in there is a deep, dark secret that I'd love to know all the juicy details about.
Some of the things we have in common:
- We both have an only child.
- We are/were teachers. [And you will be again, Maggie, I just know it.]
- Both of us wish we were . . . um . . . a different size?
- We both wish we could have just shot our baby-daddies when we were through with them. Okay, I may be projecting my feelings onto Maggie, but I think she feels the same.
- We both hate ignorance, especially on marquees and advertising.
- We both love to read, but there's no way I can keep up with Maggie's pace. Because I also love to crochet. And I go to bed when it's still daylight.
- We work more than one job.
- Both of us have been to Italy.
- We have sad/hilarious/pitiful/angry stories about the exes in our lives.
- We have not always chosen men who were good for us. [It took me a few tries, Maggie, but I finally found him!]
- We both like to do crafty things. Crafty as in making things, not as in clever and sly. Although that might also apply in some situations.
- Depression sometimes overtakes us.
- Maggie is single.
- Maggie's father is living, but her mother isn't. Just the reverse of me.
- She has a boy; I have a girl.
- Shoes are Maggie's things; gadgets are mine.
- Her favorite color is pink; mine is yellow. Bright yellow. Sunshine yellow. Not that wimpy pale pastel anemic yellow.
- Maggie has picked up and moved across the country on a whim. I still live within 25 miles of the hospital where I was born. Good Lord, that borders on pathetic.
- Maggie appears to be completely at ease expressing herself, whereas I am slightly more reserved. Cautious. Chicken.