Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cycling Goals for 2009......

I use an internet cycling log (of course) to keep track of my mileage every year. It's very motivational to compare each month (or even week) to where my mileage was this time last year and the year before that and the year before that. I could put in my data from 2005, but that's just way too much trouble.

In 2007, my goal was 2000 miles and I missed it by TWO MILES!!!! On December 31st, I told Hubby I was going to ride my bike up to the middle school and back just to get my miles in. But it was raining and visibility was poor, and I decided it wasn't worth getting dead just to say I had met my mileage goal.

I didn't do nearly that well last year. My total for the year was just over 1000 miles (sigh). And over a third of that was on BRAG, so it's not like I was busting my butt (pun intended) in any given month.

So my goal this year is to double my monthly mileage, with the exception of two months: January and June. I didn't ride any at all in the month of January last year, so doubling nothing won't get me any progress. In June I rode 367.37 miles (you bet I'm counting those 37 hundredths), and it might be tough to double that. Still, if I do 5 out of the 7 days of BRAG and Katydid and I manage to ride in GOBA (that means we can't take the layover days off, Katydid. I'm just sayin'), I guess I could potentially double that one too.

But I really need to get a ride in during the month of January, even if it's a short one. And I've only got this week left. Saturday I'll be in Atlanta from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, and I doubt I'll feel like taking a little spin by the time I drive home.

Maybe a late afternoon ride when I get home from school one day this week. Yeah, that's really gonna happen.....

2 comments:

susan said...

Seems unlikely to me. When I get home from school, I check email, make dinner, and usually fall asleep while watching TV. :)

KatyDid53 said...

I had no plans to take any layover days off in Ohio! I'm just sayin'.