Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Expressing Thanks.....

Image from slotanna.com


I'm either jumping on the bandwagon about 20 days late, thanks to all the overachievers who have been expressing their thanks on Facebook for every freakin' day of this month, or I'm early for Thursday.

I'll go with the latter.

Maybe I'll be "creative" (read: lazy) and stretch this thanking thing out for several days, hence several blog posts. Expressing my thankfulness suits my scattered state of mind tonight anyway.

  • I am thankful for Roger Bailey, my high school English teacher, who refused to accept less than my best. I'm also thankful that it's almost gymnastics season, when I get to see Roger at every home meet.
  • I am thankful that I got SOME of my mother's strength (but not her inflexibility - much) and SOME of my father's humor (but not his penchant for getting a laugh at the expense of others).
  • I am very, very thankful for my three surviving siblings and the brother I lost when I was only 11. I wish we lived closer to one another, but perhaps not in the same neighborhood.
  • I am thankful that when my ex-husband shot our house up that I resisted the temptation to set it on fire with him passed out on the couch. Not because I would have regretted it, but because Hubby and I would have had a difficult time getting married with me being in prison and all.
  • I am thankful for living in the South, where we can experience many different seasons all in the same day. I'm thankful that when I put on a sweater in the morning when it's 40 degrees and it later reaches almost 70 degrees, I have a t-shirt I can change into.
  • I am thankful for the Internet and every single establishment that has wifi. Particularly free wifi.
  • I am thankful that Hubby and I are able to live (mostly) debt-free.
  • I am thankful for Hubby, who accepts me (as my mother would say), "warts and all."
  • I am eternally thankful for the daughter who made parenting so easy that even a lazy person such as myself could accomplish it. 
  • I am thankful that I never stop learning.
  • I am thankful that my father's vasectomy didn't work. (Sorry if that's T.M.I.)
  • I am thankful that I spent enough years in a profession that I could retire at an early age, and well before the point at which I started to hate all teenagers. I only hated SOME of them.
  • I am thankful for the absolutely unconditional love (and short memory) of a dog.
  • I am thankful that my football team has risen to #3 in the nation with an outside shot (VERY outside, but worth mentioning) at playing for the national championship.
  • I am thankful I have not suffered a stroke during a sporting event.
  • I am thankful for books. Lots and lots and lots of books.
  • I am thankful for the forgiving nature of sweat pants.
  • I am thankful for the wonderful people I've met through this blog. If we never meet in person (but I hope we do), please know that your comments, your support, and your friendship are very special to me.

No comments: