Thursday, November 15, 2012

Brain Cramp.....

Most people call them something else that starts with "brain" and ends with something that starts with the letter "f" but I don't like that f-word any more than I like the OTHER f-word, so I call them brain cramps.

So glad we got that out of the way.

Just for the record, I don't like the word "snot" either. It pained me just to type it.

My brain cramp was that I had put my iPhone and iPad to bed, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and was climbing into bed with a MARVELOUS FANTASTIC CAN'T-PUT-IT-DOWN book when I realized I hadn't written my blog post for tonight.

It's been a long time since I did that. I apologize for almost forgetting.

It's been an up-and-down week for me in the customer service department. We have been (mostly) pleased that we changed our cell phone provider from the one with an A and two T's in its name to the one that starts with a V and mercifully retired the commercials with that geeky-looking guy on them.

We've had ongoing problems with our bills, though. I won't go into the details, but suffice it to say that our bill has gone up every month, we have automatic billing, the monthly charges come out just as they should, and then we get nasty-grams and messages from the company saying our service has been discontinued due to an outstanding balance of $98.41. (Neither of our phones had been disconnected - shouldn't they KNOW that?)

It's been a very frustrating experience, but we went into our local store yesterday, and a very sweet, competent, patient representative said she WILL get it straightened out. She was apologetic and I didn't even have to rant and rave. Which is a good thing, because I need that energy for a different company.

I have ordered from an online company (whose name shall go unmentioned here for the time being) for several years, always with fairly good success. Their products aren't the best quality in the world, but the prices are good and service is acceptable. Or at least it has been in the past.

I ordered two sets of sheets for our bed, one white and one blue. I received a package about two weeks ago with a set of BLACK sheets (who USES those?) in a different size. When I looked online to see if perhaps I had clicked the wrong button (several times?), it said my order was still being processed. So I waited. And waited. And waited. And waited.

I finally emailed customer service (because their representatives don't get up at the crack of dawn like I do) and explained the problem. I even sent a screen shot of the web page telling me my order was still being processed.

Tonight I got an email giving me a tracking number. For the package I already got.

Yes, I'm aware that a package was sent. Hell, a package was RECEIVED. Did you even READ the email I sent? The problem wasn't knowing where the package was; the problem was that the package didn't include the right item(s).

So I will call tomorrow morning, and I will try to be nicer than the email I sent tonight, which said they might want to consider changing their name, since the current one has the word "smart" in it and I don't think they are. Smart, that is.

But I didn't use any bad language. Except for the word "damn." And I think that's allowed.

I really wanted those new sheets.


No comments: