Thursday, April 5, 2012

Upcoming Weekend Activities......

The weekend is finally (thankfully, mercifully) upon us, and it's going to be a busy one for activities completely unrelated to Easter.

The Masters started today, and the four golfers I chose in the pool teed off and immediately started to SUCK BADLY. I have a sure-fire, guaranteed way to bring a golfer down. Just pick him on my Masters sheet. Three of the four have to make the cut in order for me to stay in the contest; I'll be lucky if ONE of them makes it. Goodbye, little $20.

Baseball started today, and I was dismayed to see that the Braves' game was in the middle of the day. I followed the little cartoon characters online, and they lost. Then tomorrow they have a day off. What?? You have the entire last six months off, come back and play one day, then have a day OFF? I think I would like to have that kind of schedule. Never mind...

The NCAA Gymnastics Regional Championships will be held this Saturday (which is also my birthday, so can I ask for a WIN for my birthday gift?) at six different locations around the country. The top two teams from each regional move on to the national championships, which are being held this year just about 20 minutes from where I live. Katydid and I will be traveling about two and a half hours to attend the Auburn Regional this Saturday, getting back home sometime between midnight and 1:00 AM. Zzzzzzzzzz..... I'm too old to stay up that late. The UGA Gym Dogs are the #1 seed for our regional, and they SHOULD advance easily, but strange things have been known to happen in the post-season.

BUT FIRST, before we make that journey, we are riding in a bicycle ride that we've done a number of times in a town not far from my home either. Instead of doing the 60-mile route, we are planning to ride the shorter one, 37 miles, dash back to my house to shower and change clothes, then make the trek to Alabama. Whew - I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

Happy (early) weekend!

No comments: