Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Bad Hair Day? Try a Bad Clothes Day.....

This is directed toward my female readers, which is probably all (both?) of them.

Did you ever have one of those days where you got dressed, wore exactly what you intended, and hated it the minute you put it on? But didn't have enough time (or interest) to go back and change? That was my day today.

Individually I didn't mind any of the pieces. I wore loose off-white pants (from Chico's Travelers collection - you can wad them up and put them in a cosmetics bag, and they won't wrinkle), a loose short-sleeved sweater that has such a deep v-neck that it can only be worn with a tank top, and the requisite tank top. The tank top was off-white with a lace trim around it. All three pieces came from Chico's, but I didn't put the outfit together with that requirement. Sometimes I'm OCD like that, but today wasn't one of those days.

I sort of had intentions to take pictures, but I knew it wouldn't happen. I didn't want to keep that outfit on any longer than I had to. I didn't even like the shoes with the outfit, although I like the shoes themselves. They are sort of Mary Jane-like in the toe, but they have wedge heels and they are backless. Sort of hard to describe.

The sweater is the correct size, but it was too big in the shoulders and kept sliding off like one of those sweaters that are SUPPOSED to be worn that way, but it's not designed to be worn that way. It got on my nerves in a big way. And the pants, which are off-white, are also LINED. They just don't hang right. And I thought they had a spot on them, which I found kind of embarrassing, and then I discovered that the "spot" was a mole on my left thigh. That I could see through the slacks and the lining. Then I saw there actually WAS a tiny spot on them. Ugh.

Not sure why I burdened you with this information. It didn't put me in a bad mood (NOTHING can put me in a bad mood these days, not even the fact that the lying weather woman on channel 2 this morning said it was going to rain so I did NOT take my bicycle) or anything, but it made me feel icky.

Tomorrow I'm not even going to try to dress professionally.

No comments: