- Sisters who love me "warts and all," as our mother would say.
- A husband with whom I laugh a lot more often than I argue.
- A daughter who loves to cook.
- A mother who never let me get too full of myself.
- A brother who would
killdo bodily harm for me, even if I didn't find that out until I was in my forties.
- A clean kitchen.
- Enough leftovers for several days of football.
- A job that allows me to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle.
- A job.
- A home where I feel safe and happy, even when I don't have enough closet space.
- Good health.
- Short winters and long summers.
- Friends, both in the virtual world and the physical world.
- A warm fire.
- The internet.
- Places all over the globe to experience.
- A home to return to when the globe-trotting is finished.
- Miracles of modern medicine, like those allowing Baby Luke to survive and thrive.
- The colors of changing leaves.
Thursday, November 24, 2011
I try to be thankful every day of the year, but today I am especially thankful for: