Saturday, October 15, 2011

BikeFest Saturday - The Century Edition....

I didn't want to commit to the century ride today, especially after Rozmo said she wasn't going to ride it. The decision point between the 47-mile route and either 86 or 101 miles came very early in the day - at the 14.9-mile mark. I knew I wanted to ride more than 47 miles, so I soldiered on.

The next decision point was at 60 miles. I could ride 86 or 101. I told myself I would check my average riding speed at that point, and if it was anywhere near 14 mph, I would ride the century. I forgot to check my average, and I had already made the turn for the 101. When I DID check it, I had averaged 15.1 to that point. That's unheard of for me, no matter what the ride length.

The overall ride was pretty tough, with lots of hills and lots of shake-n-bake pavement. Miles 72 to 95 were not much fun, but I was back by 4:00. Pictures tomorrow, if they are decent. Needless to say, I'm pooped. And there's a ballgame to watch.

Go Dawgs!


No comments: