Thursday, October 13, 2011

BikeFest Day Zero....

We are right on the Georgia-Alabama border for a three-day bike ride called BikeFest. We are in a new location for the fall ride this year, although we have stayed here before on the week-long ride of BRAG. Katydid and I brought three bikes: my single, her single, and the tandem. We actually brought four if you count my unicycle, which I cannot ride yet. But it ought to provide some humorous video if nothing else.

We don't know which bikes we are going to ride on which day, but we are fairly certain we are NOT going to ride the tandem on Saturday. In a serious role reversal, I'm trying to talk Rozmo INTO the century ride on Saturday (which is actually 101 miles, and don't think that last mile won't be a killer), and she's trying to talk me OUT of it. The next shorter ride is 86 miles - hell, you might as well go ahead and ride the century. After that is the 47, and we're not even discussing that one. I mean, what would we do with the REST of the day? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

We are pretty certain we will ride 60 miles tomorrow, and discussions are taking place even as we type as to whether we will ride single or tandem. Weather is supposed to be nice, sunny and in the low 80's.

Now THIS is what personal days are made for.

No comments: