Thursday, February 2, 2012

Definitely Not Complaining.....

I'm not going to complain that it's February and it's supposed to be winter and today it was 70 degrees. Personally I would be happy if it were 70 degrees all year round. I can do without snow, pretty as it is, and I can definitely do without ice. If we never have another snow day I will be quite content, even if it IS a "free" day out of school.

There are a plethora of reasons I'm okay with it being 70 degrees in February:

  • We don't have to build a fire in the wood stove, so I don't have to content with ashes and bark all over the living room floor.
  • We don't have a fire, so I can't forget to put wood in the stove before I go to bed. (Why can I remember birthdays of guys I dated in high school but I can't remember something that is directly related to my personal comfort? Why?)
  • I have less laundry to do, since I don't have to dress in layers. And layers. And layers.
  • I don't mind taking Gus out and waiting for him to find just the right place to pee.
  • I don't have to wear a bulky coat. I just don't like coats.
  • I don't have to try to type with gloves on because my classroom is so cold. (It's still colder in my room than it is outside, though.)
  • Sunshine makes me happy.
  • I save gas because I don't have to let the car warm up for 15 minutes for a 5 minute drive to school.
The only thing I do hate about 70-degree weather in February is that it's just as likely to be 20 degrees within a seven-day period. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope the stupid groundhog was wrong.

Enjoying the warmth...

Bragger


1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm with you on the warmth. Yay for 70 degrees!! (I get evil looks from many of my relatives when I wish away winter)