Thursday, January 6, 2011

What is WRONG With Me?.....................

The title of this post has nothing to do with last night's post...... although it probably should. I'm not sure where all that came from.

I'm not going to give you a play-by-play of my morning routine, just a summary. The alarm goes off at 5:00, and I get up immediately because Hubby is fundamentally against the use of the snooze. He mentioned it once 14 years ago, and I've never used it again. (Wonder why MY **hints** don't have that effect on HIM?)

I fetch the paper, fix my coffee, turn on the morning news, check emails and blogs, and generally relax until 6:00. Or 6:15. Or 6:30. Or 6:45. (This is all because my elliptical is STILL broken, and if it EVER gets repaired, all this will change. Again.) My absolute drop-dead latest time to get in the shower is 7:00, and I can still be ready to leave the house at 7:30. Most of the time. Unless I remember at the very last moment that I have neglected to pack a lunch, eat breakfast, take my pills, or all of the above.

I'm supposed to be at school at 7:45, and I usually make it within a couple of minutes. We're not strict about arrival/departure times around here (thank goodness), so it's not like I'm risking losing my job. It's just a darn good thing I don't work for my mother anymore; she considers it late if you arrive at work five minutes early.

I used to race with the school zone lights just down the road from our school. They were set to go off at 7:45, and if they weren't flashing as I approached, then I considered myself on time. A couple of times they have started flashing just as I got even with them, and I was highly insulted. Then apparently someone changed the flashing time to 7:30, and I gave up that game immediately.

This morning I got up at my usual time and went through all my usual activities. My lunch was already packed from last night, I ate breakfast, and I have even gone back to drying my hair instead of coming to school with it wet and letting it dry naturally.

I promise there is a purpose to all this. When I was completely ready for school I went downstairs, and it was only then I looked at the clock.

It was 7:00.

I asked Hubby, "What is WRONG with me?"

It could have something to do with going to bed at 7:50 last night (I was aiming for 7:30 but didn't make it). It could have something to do with FINALLY getting rid of the headache I had all Tuesday night and most of yesterday (great way to start the new semester - a headache so bad that I DREAMED about having a headache). It could have something to do with not having the added stress and activities of my former online teaching job.

At any rate, I'll take it. I actually had a few moments of peace and quiet at the beginning of the school day, before the craziness that is the REST of my daily routine kicked in. And I beat the flashing lights to boot.

But I don't want anyone to get used to it..... It's not likely to happen too many times that I actually get to school EARLY.

No comments: