Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again.......

Not that I really WANT to be back in the saddle again.

Today was my first day back at school; students return tomorrow. My courses aren't ready, I don't have syllabi copied, I don't have my advisement list posted outside my door, I'm not sure we have student packets for the newbies, I don't have my lunch packed, and I'm not sure what I'm going to wear tomorrow.

But if 24.... 25..... 26..... however many years I've been doing this have taught me anything, it's that the day will go on, we will get through it, no blood will be shed (I'm hoping), and it won't be the end of the world. It's just about heavenly to me that I don't have to come home and do my online job in addition to teaching all day. I may miss the extra money, but the extra free time I have will MORE than make up for it.

And because I don't have the extra obligations, Hubby and I were able to go to the Meet the Team event for the Gym Dogs tonight. We watched practice, had dinner with the team and coaches, met some new people. I'm excited for the season to get underway.

But it's past my bedtime. More tomorrow!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

See... don't sweat the small stuff and apparently, it's all small stuff, isn't it?