- April has the coolest birthstone. Really, how did the powers that be decide that WE deserved the diamond? Clearly it was a correct assumption, but how did they KNOW?
- My birthday means that baseball season is officially underway. My gift from Hubby this year is tickets to the minor league Braves team, who relocated nearby just last year. They (there "they" go again) say there isn't a bad seat in the whole stadium.
- It also usually coincides in some way with the Masters golf tournament. I will gorge myself on Masters coverage starting tomorrow. Hubby will be gone this weekend, so I will have complete and total control of the remote. Seriously, the deciding factor of whether or not to go to Missouri for gymnastics this Saturday was the fact that I would miss all of Saturday and a large chunk of Sunday coverage of the Masters, and I can always watch the gymnastics meet online.
- My birthday USUALLY occurs during Spring Break. Thank you, board of education, once again for our retarded, exhausting, homicide-inducing schedule this year. Oh, and thank you in advance for your wise, insightful decision to have the same schedule again NEXT YEAR.
- The annual G-Day football game occurs this week as well. Although it isn't an official game, it reminds me that we get to start all over this year in a mere 150 days.
- My birthday means that the Spring Tune-Up ride is just a week and a half away. It's the first multi-day ride of the year, and this year Katydid and I are taking the motorhome. No more sleeping in a tent for us!
- I can officially put away the sweaters, turtlenecks, socks, and closed-toe shoes. We MIGHT just have another mini-cold snap (shhhhhhhhhhhhh), but if we do I will just suffer through it. Once the toe ring goes on, it's sandals for the next 6 months.
- Opening the pool cannot be too far away.
- Yellow is my favorite color, and everything around here is such a lovely shade of yellow. Oh, that's not such a good thing.
- Yellow roses are so much cheaper on my birthday than they are on Valentine's Day, and Hubby surprised me with a dozen of them today. They were on the table when I got home from school, and he was only slightly insulted that I failed to notice them. My only defense is that I have felt like crap all day, and my mind isn't where it should be.
It has been a terrific birthday, the last one in my 40's.
Okay, it was terrific up until THAT.