Tuesday, April 6, 2010

From the "Is This Really Necessary?" Department....

Perhaps you have seen this ad for a website where only the truly talented ($100K) get only the jobs truly worthy of them ($100K). It apparently appeared during the Super Bowl in 2009.






If you don't want to watch it, let me summarize it for you. This is a direct quote from some random website where I found the commercial in its entirety: "A majestic herd of office chairs races across the African plains as a team of determined hunters attempts to capture the one giant executive chair in their midst."

It's a clever enough twist on the job search theme, particularly in these days of a crappy economy. I get that you want to capture the really big, plush, leather office chair instead of one of the many plain old rolly chairs you find on the plains of Africa.

What this clip doesn't show is the disclaimer that appears at the end of the ad when it airs on HLN in the mornings.

I am aware that disclaimers are necessary due to the stupidity of the American public as a whole, because you know if they have to say it, that means that SOMEWHERE, SOMEBODY has tried it.

This disclaimer, however, appears as a herd of runaway office chairs scoots across the safari-type landscape:

"DO NOT ATTEMPT"

Hmph.

Darn.

I had just thought about booking me a trip to Africa to see if I could land me one of them there chairs.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I learned me some ropin' skills out in the Wild West. Damn shame to know they'll go to waste since I can't snag me a chair....