Friday, August 3, 2012

Homeward Bound.....

With apologies to Simon and Garfunkel, Hubby and I are "Homeward Bound." Hubby even started singing the song.

We are staying at a KOA Kampground (spell check doesn't like EITHER of those) in Bowling Green, Kentucky.  I've never been to a KOA before, and I almost wish we were staying more than a single night. Maybe on another trip. It amazes me how many amenities these places offer. This particular one has the expected electricity and water (although we've been at two campgrounds this week that did NOT offer water connection - what?), cable t.v. (I'm watching my very first Olympics competitions, and who cares if it's volleyball and some swimming whose results I already know?), a little store, a playground, fishing, and a dog park where dogs can run loose. I took Gus down there and let him off the leash. I thought he MIGHT at least check out the toys and the ramps and other cool stuff. He sniffed around for just a couple of minutes and then came and jumped in my lap. What a goober.

I thought about getting my bike out and riding around the campground so I could add Kentucky to my list of states where I've ridden my bike. Then I decided that was kind of artificial and perhaps bordered on cheating, so I didn't. Besides, it was much easier NOT to get the bike out for what would probably have been a 1-2 mile ride. Do I sound like I'm rationalizing? Maybe. Pfft.

I'm tired. Ready to go home, but already looking forward to the next adventure.




1 comment:

DJan said...

Congratulations on another great adventure! I think KOA is the best, I stayed there many times in the past and am glad to hear they are still around!