Monday, August 13, 2012

A Hubbyism.......

Don't you like the word I made up?

A "hubbyism" is something funny/cute/dumb/witty/blog worthy that my Hubby does. I was going to post this one on Facebook, but I was afraid someone I knew would mention it to him, and he would be insulted. It's not bad or anything, but he might take exception to being made fun of in such a public way.

The blog? Fair game.

On Friday night, after we went to the vow renewal ceremony of one of his golfing buddies (and the wife, but I couldn't figure out where to put that in the sentence), naturally Hubby fell asleep in his recliner. That is an almost-nightly occurrence, but particularly after an event at which there was an open bar.

While I was watching baseball and/or playing on my iPad, Hubby's phone gave the tone that alerts him to a text message. I would like to describe it here, but "boo-be-doop...boo-be-doop" is the best I can do.

Hubby stirred from his slumber, reached to the table beside his chair, and picked up..... the calendar that has his daily Sudoku puzzle on it. He squinted at it for a moment, then put it back down. Then he picked up his glasses (yeah, that was the problem all along) and put them on, then picked up the calendar again. He squinted at it again, then realized that wasn't what he needed to decipher a text message. Finally he picked up his phone.

Meanwhile, I had burst a blood vessel trying not to laugh.

He can be a little grumpy when disturbed from an alcohol-induced slumber by someone making fun of him.


No comments: